Sunday, January 31, 2010

Projects Started in ICU Waiting Room

So, here are the projects I started while sitting with Jim in ICU:


LACE SHOULDERETTE--This one gave me some problems, as I have never tried to knit lace before. Probably ICU is not the right place to learn. On the bright side, I think I am going to love it. I got all this done in the hospital, and have not worked on it since I got home.


DOUBLEKNIT BATH TOWEL--Calculations indicate it will take me over a year to complete since I cannot do more than 2 rows in a sitting without getting bored. The tan row is a provisional cast on using a crochet hook; it is supposed to come off easily simply by pulling on the yarn. I plan to crochet around the entire edge of the towel once the knitting is complete. I was having a hard time with the circular needles; I've already frogged 2 projects I started with them. Once I realized the needles were defective (and how to fix them) everything started to go more smoothly. I used an acrylic nail kit to fix the horrible snag at the point where the needles joined the fish-line part. Hooray for ingenuity!

No comments:

Post a Comment